Anyone have suggestions on how to cure insomnia?

I have bad insomnia, can't sleep. I'm up all night but tired all of the time. I cut out caffeine. Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with insomnia and get some sleep.

jenny3344

Asked by jenny3344 at 6:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2013 in Health

• I have a hammer?

Answer by louise2 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Melatonin, sleeping in a cool, dark room, making a list of "to do's" before you go to bed so your mind won't race. Just to name a few.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• I haven't slept in 3 days. I might try some melatonin.
    jenny3344

Comment by jenny3344 (original poster) at 7:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Have a set routine every night to relax and get ready for bed . I find warm milk actually helps me in the middle of the night. And I agree it's very helpful to have a pen and paper near your bed to write down things that are racing through your head.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:54 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• My mind races often and keeps me awake. I've never written down my thoughts but I'll try it.
    jenny3344

Comment by jenny3344 (original poster) at 8:01 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• meletonin will get yout o sleep but it won't help you stay asleep. Try meletonin in combination with valerian root. Also try lavendar aroma therapy and low lights 3 min before you try to head to bed. If it continues see a doctor for a prescription solution.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Have you talked to your doctor? Because the human body can only go a couple days without sleep. Your doctor will be able to give you relaxing tips for you to follow. If those don't help then they usually prescribe some kind of sleeping pill!! Extended use of melatonin isn't usually recommend bc it enables your body to produce it naturally. Talk with your doc and try to get some sleep hunny
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Plz let me borrow your hammer..lol
    jenny3344

Comment by jenny3344 (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Melatonin works for me. I am the same way. In order for Melatonin to work for you though, you need to take it right before you are ready to sleep. Room has to be dark, free of distractions... even alarm clock light and cell phones. (Just don't look at it) You need to take it, roll over and shut your eyes. You can take as much as you want... I take about 9 mg. right now, or three of the 3 mg. If I find that I wake up or something wakes me up, I just take another. I try to limit it to under 10 mg. though because it can make you feel tired the next day, even though it only stays in your system for like 15 minutes.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• sex,masturbation

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 30, 2013