You're forced to go on Medicaid, the website automatically enrolls you if you qualify, but there's no doctor to see you

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/29/us/lack-of-doctors-may-worsen-as-millions-join-medicaid-rolls.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=1&

Did anyone not know there was already a shortage of doctors for Medicare and Medicaid and not see this coming 2 years ago?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I knew this but that's what I listen to all day. They don't pay the Dr' s enough, so why would a Dr want to take on a patient on Medicare/Medicaid?
    Then on the flip side is seeing patients get sub par medical care from the drs who do take it! That pisses me off!
    If a Dr accepts it, the patient should receive the same quality care as a patient with insurance.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Yup, I believe I brought this up ages ago when Obamacare was getting talked about.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• I was on state insurance while pregnant and my doctor had appointments every 10 minutes. He never spent more then 5 minutes examining me throughout my pregnancy. It was awful.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• While I'm shocked that this is considered news because I figured it was common knowledge by now, the more this is discussed and tied to the fact that this will continue to happen as more and more people also move to ObamaCare perhaps the more people will finally hear and believe it.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• yep I'm on state care, which I'm thankful for as I need care(even if it sucks at times) for my conditions. I look at my statements and see how much my doctors especially specialists don't get paid(difference between what they normally charge and what medicaid pays them) and I'm thankful they let me walk in the doors lol

While I may not be totally thrilled with the docs I still have a few options and can usually find a decent one, for example I'm not thrilled with my rheumatologist that i have to see but he doesn't rush me and I ultimately get the care(medication) that I want, but I make sure I am very knowledgable about my conditions which help(because I have a suspicion that he isn't as knowledgable as I would like as my autoimmune is more rare then say Rheumatoid arthritis).
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Hell, I did. Most of the physicians in our area are full to the max with Medicare and Medicaid patients. If they allow more, they won't make any money themselves.... The whole system sucks.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• This whole Obamacare needs to be TANKED!! He sucks, he is worthless as any president in history..IMO. He is single handedly FUCKING people with this whole health care thing. If he doesn't get that damn site to operate, millions will NOT have any medical coverage at all!!!! But there a few choice anonymous women here who think I do like him because hes black.
    The only thing I am wondering is why in the hell he isn't willing to compromise? Make it voluntary. There will still be enough to make him happy. Like as if care about that. But he wants to reform health care, ok great. But he screwed up when made the folks insurance companies cancel their policy. He should have directed it to the people who are in need of health care. Not the people who already have coverage, and is happy with it. Why fix something if ain't broke? He sure in the hell not fixing something that is broke!!!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2013

• ^^^ He can't let people keep what they are happy with and have already because they are the ones that he expects to pay for the one's that can't afford anything. If people don't participate, then the whole system they have created fails. In many cases, even if it moves forward as intended it will still fail millions of people. The goal was to control 1/6th of our economy. It has nothing to do with health care or coverage. It's control. That's what it always is for government. Which is why it's amazing to see people cheer Reid taking the nuclear option with the filibuster. Those cheering it don't realize they are cheering for less power to the people regardless of party.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2013

• "Reid taking the nuclear option with the filibuster. "
    I know this doesn't pertain to this post, but yet another politician doing another flip-flop. I remember back in 2005, Reid strongly condemned a proposed Senate rule change by the Republican majority. But time not only did he like the idea, her actually proposed it HIMSELF!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2013

• A LOT of us saw this coming and said so and were told we were unfeeling mean people who didn't want poor people to have medical care. People might finally have insurance, but no doctors to go see.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 7:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2013