What do you do with the toys (like where do you put them) when you have same gender kids and they have different bedrooms

What do you do with toys if you have the same gender child? I have 3 girls right now my 8 year old has her own room, but soon my almost 6 year old and my 2 year old will also have their own rooms. Thing is there are some toys that they share like the kitchen set/dishes/food, then the baby doll accessories like stroller and crib, blocks things like that (there are some more stuff as well) I don't have a play room or nothing like that thing is if I have it in my oldest dd room she is yelling that she doesn't want them in there (although she doesn't play with toys much anymore other than sqwinkies and barbies) I know if they are in one of the girls rooms when they get there own room they will fight. What to do lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Nov. 30, 2013 in General Parenting

• Share them between the girls room and if they fight over them, then it's time to donate toys. It just means they have too much!
    There's a lot of little girls who would love to have a toy!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:05 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• put the 6 and 8 yr old in one room- the 2 yr old in one and use the other for a playroom
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• its not they fight over the toys its they dont want one in their room
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• my almost 6 year old and 8 year old fight like cats and dogs. I mean fight really bad. My almost 6 year old like to torment her older sister and gets into EVERYTHING of hers things like her makeup (before bashing she isn't aloud to wear it outside the home) and her deodrent her purse her journal which is why I put the oldest in her own room
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:13 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Too bad if they don't want them! Who's the parent here?
    If you don't have a play room,, garage etc to store THEIR toys, and they don't want them in their rooms, they would be in the trunk of my car, headed to Salvation Army to be donated!
    Your girls are spoiled OP!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:15 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• My kids don't have toys in their rooms. Just lots of books & a stuffed animal or two. So they don't play in there. I have the toys in my den. I took out my coffee table & they play in there right off the kitchen. I rotate the toys. If they don't play with something for a while then it goes in the basement & I bring something else up. So if you have nowhere to store the toys or for them to play in one area then I would rotate the toys from room to room every so often. They will have to learn to share.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• personally I'd give the bigger kids the biggest room possible and the 2 year old the smallest room possible. just me, though

I would start w/ a twin over full bunk, to maximize the floor space and the older kid the bigger bed. toys.... kitchen and puppet theater are both ENORMOUS life savers in my home
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:22 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• I agree with putting the older two in the largest of the three rooms and the youngest in the smallest room so that you can have a play room. Allow only books and a lovey or two per child in the bedrooms. This confines all the toys to one room, making it easier to separate what rooms are for what. This helps to create better sleeping habits, too.

If you don't want to do that, divide the toys up by who plays with them the most. Then the girls have to share their rooms to allow one another to play with the toys. Of course, this gives you three rooms with toys in them, rather than one.

And purge. If you know your kids are finished with something, get it out of your house. If it's broken, dispose of it. If the youngest isn't old enough for it but the older two have outgrown it, store it. If the youngest has outgrown it, donate it. Lest clutter means happier everybody.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• if they're same gender, i think the two closest in age should share. i have 3 girls also, 7, 5 & 4 (Ok technically they're still 4 & 3 but their birthdays are coming up) so the younger two share and my oldest has her own room. in your case id give the 2 year old her own room and make the 6 & 8 year old share.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2013

• btw we have toys all over the house. they each have a toybox in their rooms and then we have a toy box in the playroom and another toy shelf area in the living room.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 30, 2013