Anyone on their second marriage? How long until you knew he was the one?

I am nervous about getting married again and curious when you knew it was right.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Nov. 30, 2013 in Relationships

• My second, his first. We got married because his church told him that if he wanted to rejoin we either had to be married or he had to move out. We've now been married for 9 1/2 years.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• My second, his first. It really didnt take that long, 6-7 months before we knew but we dated for 2 1/2 years and took things very slowly for my kids sake.

Answer by missanc at 1:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• My second, we'll my first only lasted a year. But I was technically was married. What ever. My now DH we met and married with 4 months. Going on 25 years next March.

Answer by louise2 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• My second, his first. My first marriage lasted 7yrs, had only dated 3 months before we got married. Now on my second marriage, we were best friends and dated for 3 yrs before we decided to get married, we have only been married for 1 1/2 but have spent most of that living apart, I thought he was the one honestly after 3yrs of dating we NEVER fought, now that we tried to blend families in the same house, that is all that we do. :-(
    LostBecca

Answer by LostBecca at 1:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• This is my second marriage, my first lasted 5 years...I never really felt like he was "the one". I've been with my husband for 25 years now. I was also nervous about getting married again. I knew he was "the one" from our first date, but we lived together for a year before we got married because I was nervous.

I knew, we moved in together 2 months after we met, we were madly in love with each other, but I didn't trust my own judgement anymore for a number of reasons.

Twenty Five years later I'm still madly in love with him, and so glad we found each other.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• My second was a big mistake. Pretty much he gave me a choice which I should have just said no and let him dump me. He was extremely physically abusive but that didn't start until after we were moved in together and married. I regret ever meeting him and I no longer believe in marriage. You can have a great relationship and never marry.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 4:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• I was married for 17 years. Divorced for 10. Now remarried for almost 3. I knew he was the one on our first date really. I'd known him for almost two years as a co worker so the only question was if we "sparked". We did!! Yowza!! Lol
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• Married for 4 years together almost 7 years. I realized that I was pretty serious about him after 6 months of dating. But it was probably over a year when I imagined being married to him.
    KarenT214

Answer by KarenT214 at 2:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• I am hoping to get married again after my divorce is final, I have been with my boyfriend almost 3 yrs and I knew..
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 8:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2013