Does lying just a little make you a bad friend?

Let's face it, we sometimes lie to our GFs. Even with the proverbial, 'Does this make me look fat?' question, (and many times, it's yes, that dress/shirt/etc. is awful! throw it out! is what I'm thinking) I find that little white lies about mundane things just makes for smoother sailing. Who wants to offend someone? I certainly don't! Does lying just a little make one a bad friend?

CharmaineL

Asked by CharmaineL at 9:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• If your friend wants your honest opinion you should be kind and honest such as if she asks you if she looks fat tell her well that other outfit you wore to ......looked great think why not wear it and she would appreciate you helping her not looking bad. I know I want to know when I look better in some other style. But I would never intentionally hurt anyones feelings by lying. Most of the time when someone asks you something like that they already know its not looking that great on them.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 10:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I don't lie to my friends. I feel that if I am brutally honest with you then I would expect the same thing in return. I am not honest to make them feel bad, but I want them to know that if they ask me a question I will give my honest answer.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I dont really lie to my friends either... My best friend always thinks she looks really cute in those pictures with her lips all puckered... and i tell her every time she puts a new one on "You are so much prettier then that, why do you do that to your face?" I guess she thinks it makes her look like one of the girls from the hood LMFAO.... But yeah if your friend asks if she looks fat, and she does ....... dont lie to her please
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:07 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Doesnt make u a bad friend but if something doesnt look good on my GF I would let her know!
    Better for her to hear it from me than from some one else who will prolly be rude about it!
    Nellie1986

Answer by Nellie1986 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I don't lie to my g/f's if something makes them look fat I will tell them. I am just like that though and that how my friends are with me.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 12:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I think most women have both kinds of friends. The ones that will lie to make you feel nice and the ones that will always tell you the bald harsh painful truth. I am the latter. You are the former...we are both totally necessary.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i don't lie to my friends. i'm too honest. i'm teh bitch. i'll tell them, that needs to go or what were you thinking or even thats what you get for marrying that lazy asswipe. sorry but i expect honesty in return. but i don't know your friends.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2009