How to handle Santa and stepdaughter who will not be with us Christmas.

It will be a month after Christmas before we see my stepdaughter this year. My husband works in the oilfield. We have other children so it wouldn't be fair for Santa to "come early." Santa usually does come to our house for her as she either wakes up at our house or comes Christmas afternoon. Every holiday is adressed in their divorce papers which seems more about them than the child to me because she is flip flopped so much she stays confused and it's sad to me but I can't say anything about that. She will have presents from her dad and me as will our children. Is it being unfair to not have the big Santa since she will be coming to our house? Santa will come to her mom's house.

rolltide1979

Asked by rolltide1979 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2013 in General Parenting

• will Santa be going to her other house?
    if so, then I'd let it be- have him come at your house and then have her gifts from you guys for her when she comes
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• you could explain it that Santa knew which house she would be at when he came
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Can you not put her gifts from Santa at your house in her room until she comes? My older 3 are only with me every other Christmas. Santa still comes for all my kids including my younger 2. The gifts for the older 3 we set aside until they get home.

Answer by missanc at 1:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• I was going to say everything charlotsomtimes & missanc just said...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• This is just a new situation for me and I was just wondering how others handle it. Thanks
    rolltide1979

Comment by rolltide1979 (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Either Santa knows which house she's at, or Santa leaves a gift for her, and she gets it when she comes back to your house.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• you can still have santa come for her and it is not unfair.
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2013