What should i do or say to my boyfriends daughter for taken me off her friend list on Face book because her mom does not want her to have me on there as her friend?

Dated her farther for the last four years, and have lived with her dad for one year with his daughter. Her mom does not like me ever since she found out what my last name was and looked me up on Google and it said some things on there from my past. Like getting in trouble with the law,. Now she thinks i am absolutely a bad person because she is a christian women. And she told her daughter to take me off her Facebook friend list. I think that's crazy specially because her daughter is about to turn 22yrs of age. HELP!!

wlester

Asked by wlester at 5:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• Just reassure her that you know that she doesn't mean anything against you and that you are sorry her mother put her in a tough spot.
    vampporcupine

Answer by vampporcupine at 5:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• To vampporcupine, She had came home and wanted to talk to me and her farther. His daughter wanted me to know it wasn't her doing this and that her mom was giving her a hard time about taking me off as her friend on Facebook. I said i understand. Her farther said don't defriend her off your facebook. So she didn't for a week and now she did. So Im thinking her mom was getting upset and so she did today.her Mom can read everything i guess. I guess what I'm saying is now i feel a little Hurt. Knowing she's an adult and should be aloud to make those decision on who her friend are. Should I feel this way!
    wlester

Comment by wlester (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• I guess i just leave it alone. He mother has never met me, and she says she is a christian women.
    wlester

Comment by wlester (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• I guess everyones parenting skills is different.
    wlester

Comment by wlester (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• She's an adult. She made a decision. Whether it was based on something her mother wanted, or something she wanted to do herself, she made the decision. You just deal with it. If she's not disrespecting you and making your life hell in real life, then who cares what she does on Facebook? It's Facebook. What do you think is better? Her defriending you so that her mother is reassured and lets it go, or her keeping you as a friend and her mother getting more and more bent out of shape and eventually trying to insert herself into your relationship with your boyfriend to try to get her point across?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Your absolutely right:-) Thank you.
    wlester

Comment by wlester (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• THank you for everyone feedback. I sure appreciate it.
    wlester

Comment by wlester (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• It's Facebook. Facebook has NOTHING TO DO with real life. If her mother starts telling her to stay away from you and dad, THEN you have a problem… which DAD has to deal with.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Why the fuck do you care about Facebook?
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• why don't grown people have better things to bitch about?
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2013