Hanging Christmas lights indoors

How do you do it? I don't want to use tacks- if one fell out my baby would Murphy's Law find it.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2013 in Holidays

• You have to be creative. I have a giant arch window in the front. I can't reach the top.. not even on a stool. I like lights just at the bottom of the arch, so I wrapped them around a cylinder tube that I just laid on top of the window sill at the bottom of the arch.... looks as ghetto as hell, but it's covered by curtains and you can only see lights outside.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• The only lights I have indoors are on the tree.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• My creativity is beyond ghetto. I took out a small fake tree I had today and it didn't have the plastic base holders anymore so I stuck it in a dryer vent tube and wrapped the tube with a christmas runner. It's slanting to one side SO bad.

I am not good at this!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Clear packing tape or Command Strips? I only have lights on my trees & on garland that I drape over a huge mirror over the server in my dining room.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Get some of the command adhesive hook things. They make them for lights and cables/cords now. Stick it to your wall, then hang the lights on/through the hooks. When you're done, pull the super sticky thing off the wall, and ta-da, no holes, nothing for your babies to swallow.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• I like the lights year round in the front window. I do like the Command Strips too.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• LMAO Crafty!!!

Inside joke staci, not against you, lol
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 6:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• tape
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• I used those command hooks when I did it before. It was either that or those little penny nails.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 7:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2013