I've never sewn before and I am willing to try it.I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and was wondering was is the best sewing machine for me? Simplest.

KELLI0821

Asked by KELLI0821 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 1, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• 39

I have a singer that has a lot of bells and whistles, but isn't the most user friendly at times. I also have a Brother that is very automated and that one is very user friendly and automatically threads the needle. It's also an embroidery machine but can be used as a normal sewing machine as well. I never use the singer anymore.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2013

• I also have a brother machine and the auto thread is nice. Also you can choose not to use the foot pedal, you can use a button instead.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2013

• ^^ I love the button option. I like that you can adjust the speed and I really like the touch screen on mine. My mom prefers the foot petal, so when she uses it I just pull the foot petal out for her.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• Check out the Husqvarna Viking Opals, they are so easy to use, very smooth have the needle threader (almost all of the machines have that now) and you get free owner's lessons with the purchase of any Viking machine.

Viking, Bernina and Pfaff are the three top of the line manufacturers, and Viking is my personal favorite.

Go to a dealer and test them out. You'll be able to see what you like about each brand and model.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2013