Divorce....time...SOME QUESTIONS PLEASE HELP!

How long does it take? If Im the one who is goin to file for it am I reponsible for the costs? What if he doesnt agree to the divorce? We have only been married a little over a year. We have no kids. We do have a few things on both of our names like cars,houses, utility bills. Everything is paid off. We also have a join bank account. He is in the music business and makes good money. At divorce time would they split all of it between us or would he keep it all since he is the one who has payed for it? Is anyone else goin through one? Im 23 and Im so scare. I love him but its not working out, all we do is argue and fight! He tells me he is ready to settle down and make a family but all hes actions say the opposite. Well I would love the advise from you ladies who have been through this. How do you manage to move on when you are still inlove =[

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Can I ask...... If you are still in love with him, why are you divorcing him?? There are alot of options and roads you can take to work through your fighting and argueing. Are you not ready to settle down and start a family like he is?? I'm just a little confused. Sounds like he provides well for you both,...and you said you are in love with him. I think you need to give the relationship a chance and go to counseling. Good luck!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 10:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I have tried to work things out but he even tells me himself that he cant change the way he is. He told me that if I could deal with it he would love to spend the rest of his life with me, but I cant deal with it! ANY NORMAL woman would not be abe to deal with the stuff he puts me through.
    He does provide very well for me, on that I have no complains. He gives me everything I want, but none of that material things have meaning to it if me and him are not okay
    Anonymous

• HUNNY.. GET COUNCILING... WORK IT OUT.. IF YOUR INLOVE THEN DONT LEAVE..
    THE ONLY TIME TO LEAVE IS WHEN YOUR ... SO DONE YOU DON'T LOVE... YOU DON'T HATE.. YOU JUST WANT OUT..
    JESUSCARES4YOU2

Answer by JESUSCARES4YOU2 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Tried marriage couseling, or couples therapy? It might help to have someone mediate... If you're serious about getting a divorce and you file then the cost will be yours until its settled, if he gets an attorney then he will have to pay his part, and probably half of the filing fee... I was the petitioner in my divorce and it cost me 3000.00 so be prepared to pay... It was worth every penny to me but it was a whole different situation,lol Good luck to you..
    Anonymous

• divorce is long and messy and exspensive..or so i have seen im happily married-
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• whoever gets to the joint account first gets the money...lol. if you take it all out nothing can be done. It is as much yours as his. You can petition that he pay for the costs of divorce, but you'll have to pay to draw up the papers. Pretty much you have to ask the judge--or your lawyer---for what you want, regarding personal property and such. A lawyer makes it pricey but you usually end up better in the end...and depending on the amount in the account he might just end up paying for the whole thing anyway...lol. Good luck. Let me know if you need anymore unbiased not mushy advice,
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2009