Has anyone here had the Gastric bypass surgery?

Hi im looking to chat with someone who has had this surgery done. I need advice. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I thought about doing it. But almost everyone I know who has gotten it done has gained some or most of the weight back in a couple of years after.

Answer by louise2 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• most of the weight back in a couple of years after.

Then they are food addicts who need therapy, because they're intentionally forcing themselves to eat. Some is normal, most people keep off half or more of what they lose. Or you're simply exaggerating how many people you know who've had it and how it worked out for them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• What is up your ___? On tis fine Sunday afternoon. NotPanicking!

Answer by louise2 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• Nothing up my anything, sweetie. Just a shame to see people spout off bs when they obviously don't know what they're talking about.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• I do know what I am talking about. How do you know I do not?

Answer by louise2 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• I know three men who have had it. One was literally "dead man walking" at way over 600 pounds... the resulting health issues to his heart, and diabetes, etc was killing him. He had to lose over 100 pounds through diet before they'd even do the surgery because they weren't sure his heart could take it. He ended up losing over 400 pounds all together, and he is still slim about 7 years later.

The other two men went in an did the surgery without prior diet/exercise... thinking it was a "fix all". they lost about 150 pounds each, or more, kept it off about a year, then gained all of it back plus more. They are bigger now that before.

I think the key is they weren't mentally or emotionally ready to change their lifestyle habit of over eating... All weight loss requires a life style change. There is no magic cure for obesity.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• I've never had gastric bypass, but I know people who have. They've had great results, but they were all morbidly obese and lost 150 lbs or more.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• i had the surgery on nov 4th. i was 270 and i have lost 30 pounds so far! im not on diet #2 which is puree but im not excited about this diet! i want to stay on liquids forever! puree is disgusting. i just wanted to see if anyone had some advice for getting through these 4 weeks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• i AM on diet #2 sorry****
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• some puree ideas that were tastey! btw i can have scrambled eggs without putting it in the blender, but my taste buds have changed and i dont like the taste or smell of eggs anymore lol.. weird!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2013