All over a dollar difference. VENT

At Walmart (of course) we get in line,put all our stuff on the belt,and the people ahead of us start bitching at the cashier about some toothbrush replacement heads.
The woman keeps insisting that they were $6.99.
The cashier calls over a manager.
The woman insists that the manager walk with her halfway across the store to show her that they are $6.99. Meanwhile we and another lady are standing there dumbfounded...and pissed
They come back. The manager tells the cashier that those were in the wrong spot. They ARE $7.99
The woman is still insisting that she get them for $6.99 "for HER troubles". Say what?
She is told,no,we're not going to do that. Woman says fine,I don't want them then,and pays for her stuff,and clomps off
The cashier apologized for her because the woman wan't sorry one bit.
We had a big laugh over her purchase of a Guns And Ammo magazine and the huge box of condoms

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I've never really had a problem with Walmart. There have been a few times when something was in the wrong spot, but I almost always get the lower price when that happens. Last year I was replacing some of my sweatshirts. There were a ton of the ones I wanted hanging in the wrong place, under a $15 tag. They were ringing up at $20. I asked about it, said where I'd found them, took an employee right to the spot and showed her what I had found. In that instance, I got one for $15 and was asked to pay $20 for the other. The employee also moved the other sweatshirts to where they should have been to begin with.

I've always been told you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. If I come up to ANYONE bitching and carrying on, they are less likely to help me. If I come up to them with a hey, I think there's a mistake here, can you help me fix it? I get my way more often.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• ya know, for some people 5.00 IS huge!

Our Walmart has never questioned if we say the label or whatever said a different price and they should honor it if it was stocked in the wrong place. I am certain you would not want to be with me shopping, I let the lady with 2 kids and one item in front of me or the man just buying 2-3 items etc.

There was nothing for the cashier to apologize for her about, the price was marked wrong and she had a right to question it and decide not to buy it. What is there to laugh about over condoms and the Guns and Ammo magazine?

luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 4:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• Man, you always have something crazy happening when you're out & about. Drama, drama everywhere! :)
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 4:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• At our store the policy is, let them have it at that price and call an employee to make the necessary changes so the next customer that comes along won't have the same problem.
    If I were that customer and they didn't honor the price that was marked wrong, Wal-Mart would have to put away all of my purchases.
    I don't shop at businesses that treat their customers that way.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 5:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• You really do run into the strangest people! LMAO
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• Whoa, so because they were in the wrong spot and she wanted them cheaper ( I am sure she didn't match the sku's, I would not) she is a C?
    Sounds to me like you have some very serious issues!
    Anonymous

• Guns And Ammo magazine

and a temper tantrum not a good mix!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• I don't do WalMart for many reasons, but this is one of them. Where I live, Target and King Soopers would just give it to you for the price stated by the customer. As long as someone isn't saying a $50 item was marked $5, then they see it as good customer service just to ring it up at the lower price and get the complaining customer out the door so they don't cause more disruption. The more you allow a customer to cause a scene, the more likely other customers will leave and never come back.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• At least you got a laugh
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• opps 1.00 sorry not sure how I hit the 5
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 5:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2013