When should i stop working?

I'm a sales associate and it kills me to be on my feel all day. I'm 34 weeks along right now.

knjones

Asked by knjones at 10:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Work till you cant anymore and or if you go into labor... .thats my plan... i work a front desk and due in July.. Ill see how things go by then but hope to work till the last minutes!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I work in retail too. i was due on April 27th, induced on the 30th. I worked until April 26th. :) But you have to do what is right for you. I think if you want to stop working that is totally up to you and you would be totally justified in doing so.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I am a store manager and ttc. My associate worked until 33 weeks and her water broke. Pre term labor. Thats the ONLY fear I have about my job is going into labor early b/c of the strain retail has on your body.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I worked until I was 7 months but we could afford it then. With this baby I will work as long as I can because of the economy is so bad and they have taken two day of pay from state worker that means may husband and I both are takin cuts so I think that it just depends on your situation.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• When we had our son we could afford for me to quit working when I was 7 months pregnant and that worked out so great because I was on my feet all day and it was painful. We are currently TTC and I plan to work up until I go into labor because where I work now isn't one where I'm on my feet all day, but we'll see how things go. It's completely up to you, if you can afford it I'd try to take some time off of work before you have the baby so you can rested and get things ready
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Mar. 3, 2009