If you live in northern Texas.....

Are there any mountains in north Texas (particularly north Texas)? Is there any bear country? Lots of wildlife (not desert I mean)? My uncle is moving out there in the next decade or so. I'm just curious! DH has an interest in exploring a new change of scenery.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 7:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2013 in Travel

• North East? As in Austin area. I lived in the Fort Hood area. It is flat.

Answer by louise2 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• I don't live in North Texas, but from passing through certain areas on my way to Colorado it's rather flat. There is hill country and some mountainous regions. I guess it just depends. Maybe someone who actually lives there can enlighten me too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• thanks 2autisicsmom! I honestly have no idea lol. I've been to Colorado but it was my plane. We reside in Georgia now and it is just so flat where we live
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• Not really.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• louise2 I'm not very familiar with the cities and all. I mean their locations. So I dont know! Probably so. I'm doing some research right now. From the looks of it, there is some ranges but closer to the desert areas.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• North east or northwest?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• There are no mountains around me.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• quinnmae Im pretty sure there are canyons and all northwest, right? by new mexico? I'm not really sure. I guess I'm referring to anywhere in the north region.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• There is a spot at Natural Bridge Caverns (south texas) where you can climb to the top of a rock, look one way and see flat land, then turn around and see hills. Evidently caused by an earthquake if I remember correctly. Weather man often references the Hill Country.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• Idk, but you don't have to travel all the way to Texas to find mountains though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2013