Are there any foods. . .

known to aid in headache relief?

zboys

Asked by zboys at 8:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2013 in Health

• The only thing I can think of is Peppermint. But that's the essential oils.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• Depends on what the headache is from. I have read that most headaches are due to dehydration so drinking a glass of water and waiting a half hour before taking medications is recommended. I have also heard that cucumbers are helpful as well as coconut water.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• Yes peppermint oil, applied to the temples.
    It depends on what is causing your headache and your own physiology.
    For me Caffeine will ease if not send one completely away BUT the majority of people react the exact opposite and are told to avoid caffeine.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• i've heard that walnuts help. Omega 3's

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• I heard caffeine helps.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• Apple juice.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2013

• I will have to try some of these things. Thanks, everyone.
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 2:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Caffeine and a boost of sugar helps some people, including me, when a headache starts to come on. For me, the biggest thing is avoiding certain foods. The cardinal sin for my body is Aspartame (Nutrisweet.) I also avoid MSG; wine, especially red; pureens (sp?) when I can, and I'm working on getting rid of processed foods and a lot of fried foods as well, which seem to be giving me more and more trouble. But Aspartame is the baddest of them all, and it shows up in a lot of unexpected places, so you really have to become a label-reading fiend. I drive the sighted people around me crazy lately because I'm always asking what's in this or that anymore before I'll put anything in my mouth.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• How do you know what foods are contributing to your headaches? Did you start making a list of your observations? How long have you been keeping track of this? Sighted people?
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Ballad, the above post is for you.
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2013