How true do you think this is??

This article is talking about obamacare, and how it is just about destroying the middle class. 

http://www.redstate.com/doctorg/2013/08/25/how-obamacare-destroys-upward-mobility-for-the-middle-class/

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, but I've believed this is true since details of the bill were released before it was even passed. The middle class pays for everything. Always. I would hope that this is and 'unintended' consequence of the bill, but I'm not confident of anything this administration does or passes.

Just think of how the economy isn't really doing much. We are told it's doing great because of the markets, but the fed is constantly pumping money into it, which is why the market now means much less than it normally would. This isn't consumer confidence, it's federal tinkering that hasn't worked yet, even after QE1 and QE2. Now the just keep printing money every month (making our dollars worth less) and driving us further and further in debt in the hopes that this extra spending and tinkering will bring us out of recession.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Even an ex-fed official has admitted that QE wasn't working the way it was supposed to.  

So, take families that were holding on by a thread already because of a worsening economy, lack of increased business revenue and possibly having to take a pay cut, if they didn't outright lose a job and have to take a couple of part time jobs just to pay the mortgage, now take their earnings and add them up (household) and see where they fall with the income guidelines for O-care.  They will be paying, and likely paying big.  Or just paying to not have coverage (the fine).  So, they still risk losing everything from illness, or they risk losing everything by having to pay increased insurance costs.  

And it will get worse when the employer mandate kicks in.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I believe it. I already thought this. Any time something is subsidized, the cost goes up. That's kinda a hard and fast rule in anything financial. I think those who support universal healthcare do so because they are kind. Obamacare is going about this the wrong way. It isn't kind to force people to buy something they can't afford even if it's for their own good. Even if this law is eventually successfully implemented and what's left of the health care market stabilizes AND the middle class survives (I'll be surprised by either), I don't foresee this being sustainable. Another hard and fast rule - you can't regulate human behavior. That's what this law is attempting to do. People who don't want to sign up for whatever reason just won't. I'm guessing there are more people who won't than was anticipated.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2013