Who has low progesterone hormones?

I have very low levels of progesterone in my body. Ive had 2 miscarriages in 5 months and have been ttc for over 2 years.

For anyone that has low levels as well, what did you do to help this and did you have a successful pregnancy after?

What was the process of getting the hormone pill?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• I did. My doctor gave me a weekly shot of progesterone so I have no experience with the oral stuff. Anyway, I have four kiddos. So yes it helps. You may only need it the first trimester or you may need it until 36 weeks it depends. I had the shot for the full term. So worth it. I only advise against suppository form. Most of it leaks out rather than being absorbed. You will need to get the pill from your doctor. I recommend a high risk specialist. Your hospital can hook you up to one.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I had low progesterone, and if I had gotten pregnant again after three losses in a row , I would have had progesterone injections as soon as I conceived. We opted not to try again because of my long term health problems, but many women have had successful pregnancies, including several friends of mine. Talk to your doctor, because the chances of full term pregnancy are very good.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• You REALLY Have to go see a Reproductive Specialist (a group that among other things also does IVF) & NOT rely on a regular OBGYN to help you get pregnant. That is NOT their area of expertise. You may need Progesterone suppositories or injections. I did both with my first child through a R.S. You are wasting time & money with a regular OBGYN. Find one today. GL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I did to. Make an apointment to see a sspecialist/
    Alazne

Answer by Alazne at 10:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2014

• Not me
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 12:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2014