Can he take two different supplements?

About 6 weeks ago we started SS on an Omega 3-6-9 supplement. We gave BM enough to last her as long as the bottle would last us. We were going to give her more this weekend only to find out she hasn't given him the ones we gave her. She bought a chewable Omega 3 supplement. I am wondering if he should be taking the same supplement or if it is okay for him to take both? We are calling the doctor to ask them but they are closed Fridays and it is too late tonight so we have to wait until Monday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I don't like the idea of mixing them like that. Go with what the doctor recommended. To mix them on the same day could mean over or under-dosing.

Answer by Bmat at 2:04 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• do you mean like take one some days and then other on other days?? if so that should be fine. if you mean take both at the same time...no, probably not.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Op here

Sorry I wasn't clear before. Yes, take them alternating days. So like Monday, Tuesday, and Friday he takes the 3-6-9 twice daily. Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday he takes one of each once a day. They are both twice daily supplements.
    Anonymous

• If the doctor is recommending the one kind, I would check with him/her.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2009