Would you ask a 12 1/2 year old if he went to visit Santa at the mall?

In a serious way,not in a kidding way

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2013 in General Parenting

• I might. My son is 10, but looks like he's 12. He does not believe anymore, thanks to a "friend's" older brothers. I told him last year, and this year that if he ruins Christmas for his little sister I'll kick his butt for a week. He's done good so far about keeping the magic for her.

Some people just can't help themselves when it comes to baby talk. My husband and I have never done that with our kids, even when they WERE babies. They're little people, not toys. They deserve the same respect, and to be talked to normally, that every other person on this planet deserves.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Could it be that baby talk is all she knows? Every parent talks to their children differently and maybe it's hard for her to change when she is with other children.
    I'm sure she didn't mean to offend anyone.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I don't understand what your asking BB.
    Why would anyone ask and who cares?
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:27 AM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I might depending on the kid and the family. The almost 13 year old I take care of still believes in Santa and there is nothing wrong with him. I think you spend way too much time offended. That can't be good for your health.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:43 AM on Dec. 2, 2013

• No. I asked my 8 and 10 year old if they wanted to go see Santa at the mall and they just looked at me like I was stupid. I laughed.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:10 AM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Do I know how old he is?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2013

• If I didn't know age or thought he'd be into that.
    And, I wouldn't be offended if someone asked my children that, regardless of their ages.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:25 AM on Dec. 2, 2013

• My 14 yo still goes to see Santa , it's a humorous thing for us. ( inside joke and all)
    I know of some 12 yo that still believe, so yes I would ask.
    Not a lot offends me and I wouldn't be offended if someone asked me that.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2013

• If I knew the parents well enough. I don't talk to kids like they are still two years old when they clearly aren't.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• The only reason I would do that would be if the older children were in the presence of younger children who still believed in Santa, and I was trying not to give anything away.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2013