Family is expanding but car isn't, anyone have a suggestion for a compact booster?

Hi mom, I have a 3 (he will be 4 years old in 2 months) and 6 year and my family will be expanding again in April. We currently have 2 Graco Nautilus 3-1 car seats that I love in our Honda Civic however their isn't enough room to fit a 3rd car seat in the car. Does anyone have a suggestion of a good booster or convertible car seat? At a minimum I want something high backed but something that has a 5 point and converts to high backed booster is good too. Also, I don't want something I will have to replace in the next year because my boys out grow it. In Michigan kids must be in boosters or car seat until they are 8 years old or 4'8"

Just to clarify.  I understand that getting a larger car is the easiest solution.  If my family could afford a new car I would not be asking about compact booster seats/ car seats/ infant carriers.  I would be using my 2 Graco Nautilus 3 in 1s that I have and love and purchase a new infant carrier without worry.  However, a car payment is not in the budget, so I am looking to make do with what I have.  Therefore, if you know of a good booster seat/ car seat/ infant carrier that is between 15-17 inches wide please let me know.  If you are going to tell me the obvious (buy a larger car) or the ridiculous (do you really need to take all your children everywhere) please skip this question.  Sorry to get snarky.

chrissmom734

Asked by chrissmom734 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Go ask a customer service rep at Babies R Us or your local fire department. I would simply say don't take all the kids out at once. You really should look into a van or second car.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Diono Radian! It's expensive but it's the best. It'll fit three-across and goes from newborn up to booster - so all of your children could actually use one of these seats!

http://ca.diono.com/car-seats/radian-rxt

A more affordable option is the Safety 1st Guide 65 (it might be called something else in the US - I'm in Canada). It'll also fit three across, but it doesn't have the booster option. It's newborn to front facing, but you could easily fit two of these plus a regular backless booster. It would be cramped, but it would work.

http://www.safety1st.ca/eng/Products/Car-Seats/Infant-Child/Details/4128-22660CTRN-Guide-65
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2013