Family expanding but car isn't, anyone have a suggestion of a good infant carrier?

Hi mom, I have a 3 (he will be 4 years old in 2 months) and 6 year and my family will be expanding again in April. I'm looking for a good compact infant car seat/ carrier. the new car seat will need to fit in the back seat of my Honda Civic with 2 booster seats/ convertible car seats.

In Michigan kids must be in boosters or car seat until they are 8 years old or 4'8" so everyone will be in car seats for a few years more

Just to clarify.  I understand that getting a larger car is the easiest solution.  If my family could afford a new car I would not be asking about compact booster seats/ car seats/ infant carriers.  I would be using my 2 Graco Nautilus 3 in 1s that I have and love and purchase a new infant carrier without worry.  However, a car payment is not in the budget, so I am looking to make do with what I have.  Therefore, if you know of a good booster seat/ car seat/ infant carrier that is between 15-17 inches wide please let me know.  If you are going to tell me the obvious (buy a larger car) or the ridiculous (do you really need to take all your children everywhere) please skip this question.  Sorry to get snarky.

chrissmom734

Asked by chrissmom734 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't need to post this three times. Once in General Parenting, or in ONE category would have been sufficient.

I don't know of ANY booster/car seat combo that will fit three across in any car.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:15 AM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I don't know that you'll be able to fit 3 car seats in the backseat. You might want to start looking into trading in your current car, or selling it to get the money for a bigger one. When I had 2 little ones in car seats, I had to put them one by each door because I couldn't even put the 2 side by side, much less fit a third in between them. And I had a car that I think was slightly bigger than yours.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I have heard sunshine radians can do 3 across, but you have a small car. You will need to trade up.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I have 2 Graco Nautilus 3 in 1. for my 2 & 7 year old's. Infant carrier I have was Chicco keyfit. All are excellent. I don't know if they'll fit in your car though.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Have you tried calling the dealership or a fire department? They can best advise you. But I suspect you will need a larger vehicle.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• get a booster seat
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2013