Does PS4 play PS3 games?

I'm wondering if it's worth the money

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2013 in Technology

• Well that is just plain stupid and answers the question whether we will be getting one or not ... it will be NOT.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I had to do that for the xbox. My dh swore he'd wait until march to get the xbox one. Nope I was running out to get it that night. But he traded in all his 360 games and I was able to get him madden with that, ghost you just updated for 10 dollars and I got him battlefield 4 for an early Xmas present. He's good for a while. It's sucks though, just another way to make more money.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 4:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• No backward capability…yet: The PS4 won’t be able to play PS2 or PS3 games, it’s true. But Sony’s stated hope is that eventually, by utilizing the cloud and the PS4′s existing streaming abilities, that emulation of the entire PlayStation line’s library of games will be possible at some point.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/games/ps4-10-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-ps4/#/0

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• No. You have to buy new games.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Ugh. Ok,i'll be waiting until more games come out then. I don't want to buy them all over again

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2013