had shingles for 10 days now. worked today now im in more pain than ever i have taken all my meds nothing is helping.

cece129

Asked by cece129 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2013 in Health

• Call your Doctor
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I have heard not much helps. Maybe pain meds. I heard it takes sometimes months to get over it. It is not like the flu or a cold. You do know that right?

Answer by louise2 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Call your doctor. What meds are you taking?
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Have you gotten a prescription from your doctor for a topical pain patch? That was about the only thing that helped me. You place it right on the affected skin, and the medication soaks in.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Ouch!!! Sorry. I've heard shingles is awful. I'd call your doctor and ask for something else
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Tonight has been the worst. Dr called in more pain meds today so far no help. It like à terrible burning sensation
    cece129

Comment by cece129 (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Talk to your doctor. There are different medications for the same ailment. My sister has shingles and says it is definitely a terrible time, The best part is that is can recur, Keep talking to your doctor until you can find something that works for you
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• If you are not allergic to aspirin, crush one and then dissolve it in 2 tablespoons of acetone-containing nail polish remover. Store in air tight container and dab on shingles with a cotton ball. Be careful to let it dry well where the acetone could irritate your skin(like underneath your breasts).
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2013