Heelllooooo ladies!!!

havent been on in a while.. just wanted to say hello and i hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! I stuffed my face like no other! hahah

anyhow i had a couple questions to ask tonight..

i was wondering.. what are you guys getting your kids for christmas? have any of you started your shopping yet? any of you done and have it all wrapped? lol

i am normally a head of the game and start in august and spend dec just wrapping slowly.
not this year. i havent bought a damn thing yet. but this week im starting! hhaha

anything your kids asking for specifically? and how many gifts do you buy per kid?

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 8:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2013 in Holidays

• my son is getting drum stuff (he has a cheap set and we bought better heads, cymbals and a double bass pedal for him since he has played it EVERY day since he got it about 3 or 4 months ago
    also a nice alarm clock and a shirt. I will probably pick up a set of headphones and a couple cheap/ useful things like socks and candy and he'll be done

my daughter (20) is getting a crock pot, nice toaster since her 5 dollar one burns everything, a coin belt for belly dance and a belly dance DVD since classes are kinda hard to come by, a calander and an Avengers night light to go in her Avngers themed bathroom. OH, and a robe- so she's about done
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• DS hasn't asked for anything yet, but dd wants books. And rainbow loom bands.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• quinnmae how old is your dd if you dont mind my asking.. i think its great that she asked for books! i LOVE buying my kids books. Each occasion i make sure to buy them a couple. Easter baskets they get a book in there, and christmas they get a few. My kids love bedtime stories and i just feel like the stories do wonders for their learning and imaginations! awesome gift!
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• DS is getting Sky Landers stuff, legos, books and movies. I have everything bought and plan to get it wrapped when he is at his dad's. Santa got him a paintball gun. That one is already wrapped.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• My son wanted cash and DD was unsure what she and her hubby would like. I hate feeling like an atm for the holidays. I prefer to give well thought out gifts. I am thinking that we will get DD and hubby a Garmin with the lifetime updates, She will be getting some cookie stamps before Christmas to help with making her holidays more special as well.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• We've had to scale back this year. My five-year-old daughter is getting two Monster High fashion dolls, two small Lego Friends starter sets (the $11.99 ones), a pair of Zhu Zhu prince and princess hamsters, some Barbie fuzzy posters to color, some pajamas, and a couple of new dresses. My boyfriend and I are already using a memory foam mattress topper because we both have back pain and it has helped a lot. We haven't figured out what to get the eighteen-year-old yet. We'll shop for a few other niecesand nephews and the like, but not like in past years. Last year we went all out with a big Dora dollhouse for the kiddo, and the year before that it was the Dora kitchen, but times are tougher now.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• We had a nice Thanksgiving. Actually 2 of them :)

As for the gifts, except for a few gift cards, I haven't started yet. Money has been tight, so it's not a matter of how many gifts, it's a dollar limit for each. My 11 y/o did ask for a couple of books & has gotten books the past few Christmases. She likes Dork Diary & Monster High books right now.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

• i just read an article that said on average parents spend 450 per child for Christmas. if that's the case im below average. lol I could see how it adds up depending on the stuff you buy. like Ugg boots or a ipad or something expensive for older kids.. but I don't have that kind of budget to work with lol I just did my xmas shopping and I spent 597 total. (but I also bought a giant box of diapers, a box of wipes, and three nights worth of dinner) haha so technically it was less. I have three kids. Each kid got 3 new pjs, 3 new outfits, two of my kids got a throw blanket, and my 3 yr old got a new comforter for her big girl bed, then each kid got one unwrapped "santa gift", then three smaller gifts each. then stocking stuffers they got a couple tiny cheap toys (nothing over 5 bucks) and a pack of bandaids and new tooth brushes lol I also bought wrapping paper and bows!
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2013