Have you ever used one of those grocery store skooters?

I've been having problems with my feet and difficulty walking lately. I think I need to take the plunge and use one of those skooters. I've never used one before so I feel a little apprehensive. Are they easy to maneuver?

zboys

Asked by zboys at 8:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2013 in Health

• I have not. They would question me.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• They are easy to use. If you need to use one. They have instruction on them.

Answer by louise2 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I sat in one a couple weeks ago (but didn't use it) and read the instructions. I still feel apprehensive about trying it.
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Why?

Answer by louise2 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• No
    i'm neither obese nor handicapped,lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• nope, never needed to. but i a small part of me wants to hop on and take a ride lol beats pushing around a heavy cart with my cranky kids lol
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 9:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I don't want to run into anyone. I'm not good with mechanical things I guess.
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• After my hysterectomy...I was high on pain killers...feeling no pain...and needed to pick up some groceries on the way home from the hospital. We stopped at Walmart and I had my son run in and drive the cart out to the passenger side door of my car. I slide from my car seat to the cart seat and drove that baby all over the store.

It was easy and fun to drive. HOWEVER, my family members kept walking in front of the cart and would stop to ask me something requiring me to slam on the breaks to avoid running them over. The jerking around added a whole new level of pain. I finally convinced them all to walk beside or behind because I couldn't take the pain anymore.

Then my son drove it back into the store after I was back in my car. My doctor thought I was out of my mind to be shopping on the way home from the hospital. LOL

I hope you have a doctor check out what's wrong with your feet...are you diabetic and have nerve damage?
    vanillaorchida

Answer by vanillaorchida at 11:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I have used it, the first time was right after I got out of the hospital from having my son via c-section(he was 3 weeks early and there was still a lot of stuff I needed for him so I HAD to go lol).

Now I have used them off an on because of my disabilities..they aren't hard to manuveur but people do tend to walk in front of you and or just stand in front of you and not move. Just hit em lol Just kidding. It really isn't hard at all.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I have not. I'm blind, so it would be a bad idea. But go for it; that's what they're for, people who need them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2013