Hey am 43 and my husband is 59 and am 1 month pregnant and my daughter who is 14 and my son who is 23 don't want me to have the baby , because there stepfather is too old and here's too many risk

There too many risk and my daughter , son and brother don't want me to have the baby ... Should I have the baby ???

Chris0330

Asked by Chris0330 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2013 in Pregnancy

• BTW: I disagree with many of the posters who say the siblings don't have a say in this. If they just don't want to split the inheritance with one more sibling...then ignore them.

However, if they are afraid of losing their mother to complications...Why shouldn't they want to protect and prolong their mother's life? What horrible selfish brats would not care if their mother's life was in danger? Love them for wanting you to live longer.

If the Doctor says you're healthy enough to go full term and deliver...and you want the child...Go for it! The siblings will fall in love with the baby because they were raised to be loving. Respect their fears...but make the choice you can live with.
    vanillaorchida

Answer by vanillaorchida at 10:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Where did they get their medical degrees from to come to that conclusion?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• What do you want to do? It's not their decision. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• This is totally up to you.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• what do the two of you want?
    this isn't about them...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• its entirely up to you and what you want and what your husband wants. Your other kids have no say in this and quite honestly, should stay out of it. if i were you i would just talk to doctors get their medical opinion, see what you and baby are at risk for and learn the possibilites. make sure this is something your prepared for and decide if its something you want. I think having a baby is a beautiful thing when you want it to be. hope this helped. p.s. having a baby at your age is NOT unheard of.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 9:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Every addtion to a family comes with possible complications, adjustments, etc. Its impossible to not have issues of some type with a new baby... even if it's just budgeting your time and money between siblings... so the fear of what might happen would not stop me from having a baby I wanted.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• What did your doctor say?
    Why weren't you on birth control?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• I was 16 when my little brother was born. I LOVE HIM!

I had a hysterectomy to avoid cancer. If I could have another...warm wiggly giggly bundle of joy...I would in a heart beat! So, I am not the most objective person to ask...but then neither are any of the people you listed...

My suggestion is this: 1. Gather the facts (What does your Doctor say?) (What does your religion say?) (What does your heart say?)
    2. Ask for the one opinion that is always in your best interest (fast and pray) 3. Make the decision that would make you the happiest in the long run. You are the one that has to live with your decision for the rest of your life...regardless which decision you make.

If your healthy enough to pull it off...I'm rooting for the warm wiggly giggly bundle of joy...just sayin'
    vanillaorchida

Answer by vanillaorchida at 10:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Really it's up to you, it more or less just sounds like your kids are selfish. If you want YOUR baby then have YOUR baby. They aren't the parents so it shouldn't matter as long as your getting the best care you can get.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 10:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2013