Dating men that have "old world" cultures

Anyone with experience dating men from Arab/Armenian/Albanian cultures (American born ones)? I like this one guy but ppl always say they will sleep with anyone but have to marry their own. I know its true and it makes me want to avoid the guy, is it fair because I want something long term not a fling.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 10:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2013 in Relationships

• All you can do is walk away OR take it slow and be his friend. Maybe he'll confide his true wishes to you if he doesn't feel pressured. I think there are customs and traditions people have to learn to accept whenever you have any type of relationship with someone from a different background and the best way to acclimate yourself is to go very slowly so if it becomes more than you want, you can part ways
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• If you think a massive generalization like that one applies to this guy then it doesn't matter what anyone's experience has been....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• True. I've just started to get to know him and doubt he is that way. With that generalization I've heard they (dudes) usually submit to the pressure (desires) of their parents. I believe he has tries to tell me he is different in subtle ways. Same time I hear my elders say stay far away from them because they are different (and not in the good way). I said he is American born but my elders said again, he is first generation so he will please them. Idk....I just want to find love not complications lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2013

• Arranged marriages are still pretty common in some areas. You should probably ask him.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2013