Baby use to love Pacifier and now hates it

My baby will be 6 months on the 11. She use to love her Chupon (pacifier) she would always want it if she was sleepy it would help her sleep . For about the last 3-4 weeks she refuses to take it . I try and give it to her and she gets mad I put it in her hand she likes to chew on it (helps keep her busy for a couple mins). At night she wants to nurse for comfort , she wakes up 2-3 times to eat. There has been night where I swear she nursed all night, if I broke contact she would fuss and struggle looking for my breast. When she did this before I would slip her , her chupon and she was content. Also if she woke up just after nodding off id give it to her she would suckle it a few times and stay a sleep. I mean I know I don't want her to have it or depend on it forever but it would be nice if she would take it for comfort at night. She uses Soothie's (the hospital ones). Anyone else's babies do this? Did they ever go back to it? What'd you do? She likes to suck/chew on her receiving blankets makes me nervous though I think she might choke on it .

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 2:33 AM on Dec. 3, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would be happy she gave it up on her own.

Answer by louise2 at 7:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• Some kids just don't like them. My DS loved his (he was bottle fed) and DD (breastfed) hated pacifires. She would spit it out as fast as you could put it in her mouth.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• Both my daughters only took their passy til they were 3 months old. My youngest didn't like it at all. And once they gave it up I gave them a blanket or a teddy bear for comfort. They need to learn to self sooth
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:00 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• Just teething. Will pass.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• my daugther does the sucking and chewing on her blanket as well and she loves her pacifier. maybe your daughter is outgrowing the pacifier.
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• That is pretty much what happened with Tori. Right around 6 months of age, all of a sudden, she realized she didn't want that damn pacifier anymore and wanted my boob more. She's now 1 year old, and she might pick up her paci and chew on it (they are still laying around the house somewhere), but her days of sucking on the paci passed 6 months ago.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2013