Young girls and lip fuzz . WWWW?

I have 3 girls 8,6 and 5 months. I remember the first time shaving my legs I was 11. I cant remember the first time I noticed my little mustache hair or how and when I got rid of them. What's the best method for a young girl? What age ? My b.i.l. g/f has a 10 year old daughter and she has really noticeable dark lip fuzz, so it got me thinking about it. Do you wait till ur daughter tells u you ? I mean I know every women has peach fuzz some more then other and its normal... What do you think?

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 2:52 AM on Dec. 3, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have a friend who is puerto rican. When her DD was around 9 she was getting teased at school for it. Her mom for a year tried to teach her to ignore the comments telling her it was part of who she was and to accept it. Then I asked her if she waxed/bleached her hair there and she said of course. I asked her why her DD could not do the same if she was getting teaed and it was easily remedied. She said it was her age and she did not want her to be vain. Then I asked her if she was being vein when she waxed. she said, defensively, no! It's just personal hygiene! So then I asked her why she had to be teaching her DD to be vain. Why could she not teach her personal care for that area of her body. :) After that she helped her DD regularly bleach her mustache. She was around 10.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• I would put the options on the table, explain what bleaching and waxing entail and tell them when they feel like they're ready, these options can be made available to them.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 8:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• If she hasn't said anything about id leave the issue alone because you will only bring attention to it and that's not good. If she or friends have noticed it then I'd casually ask her if she waste to bleach/wax it. I wouldn't turn it into a major issue so she doesn't get an unhealthy hang up about it. These girls struggle enough with self esteem today due to all the pressures to be perfect...pretty, skinny, etc. And that's a vulnerable age.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 4, 2013