Teething or Am I Just Imagining Things?!

He's been drooling, crying a lot (he NEVER cries for no reason), fussing when nursing and trying to stuff both fists in his mouth at once. I finally got a good look in his mouth during a wide-mouthed scream and I SWEAR I see a small white bump on his back, top row (where the molars are I guess). I thought teething didn't start until around 6 months and that the front teeth came in first THEN followed by the molars? Am I just going nuts? (he's 12 weeks BTW). He has no fever, diaper is clean and dry, he's fed, he's napped and all needs appear to be met.

NovemberLove

Asked by NovemberLove at 10:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son started around 3 months and didn't get his first ones till 6 months... I saw white lumps on the gums that looked like teeth but tehy can be VERY slow to come in...
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 11:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• he might have thrush that will cause him to be fussy but teething can start anytime some babies are born with teeth
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• teeth can come in at any time, some babies are born with teeth!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• boo wendy beat me to it :p
    aliciatron

• lol alica im trying to keep busy
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• some babies can start the teething process that early and not get them til later....They come in however they want too.My son got his vampire teeth first!
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 13 wks and she is donig the same thing. Everyone is telling that she must be teething . I really think she is. She is also chewing and sucking on her hands a lot.
    MandSMOM

Answer by MandSMOM at 10:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My daughter is 3 months and she is doing the very samething your son is. And I also felt a small bump on the gum line too.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 11:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2009