What keeps you coming back?

To online forums? Is it the participation from the other members, or is it just a place to vent when you need to blow off steam?

If and when you stop spending as much time on online forums, is it because real life just gets busy, or are there things that cause you to want to take a break?

Sometimes I log on and see the issues that are being discussed in some online forums and see the same stupidity over and over again, wondering why stupidity keeps repeating itself. Perhaps I have given Jane Q. Public the benefit of the doubt too many times and expected people to be smarter. Or maybe they like to stir the pot with their questions and comments.

Today feels like groundhog day.

eta:  I'm not talking about anyone or any forum in specific.  I see it all over the internet.  

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 10:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2013 in Just for Fun

• i have no where else to go!!!

seriously, i tried Reddit and there are just too many ppl to get the connection like here (i just look at pictures haha). and FB is more aggravating that CM could ever be, plus most of the ppl are idiots. starting over on another forum is too hard, but i need the adult conversation and to be heard. i even tried a crappy history forum and the ppl on there were jerks. the internet just offers too much anonymity for some ppl not to be asshats.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

• fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:51 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• Pppttthhh! That was my first wedding. My new man's last name is Harry.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 11:53 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• free car repair advice

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• And I like to see how many times I can get reported.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 11:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• I'm kind of new, just 2 months on cm. I get a kick out of the drama and I like reading what's on other peoples minds. When I'm on cm its like a break from reality. I have some fun posting and reading then go back to reality. When I don't get on cm for a few days its because I'm busy. I've met some really nice women. And some bitches. One called me a f*****g cow. I just replied moooo!!! So for now I'm having fun and enjoying cm.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• When I get busy at work, it's almost as if I don't even have the time to breathe, let alone troll around CM. Also, I'm getting married Saturday, so my life has been like broken roller coaster driven by a fucked up clown lately. But I always miss the friendly and not so friendly faces around here. And, I really really really love the 'Am I Pregnate' posts.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 11:43 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• jenny, you fit right in

replied back- moo
    love it!
    LMAO
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2013

• I wan't able to be on much over the holiday, I like to check in on all of you! It did look like there was some fun to be had!
    Congrats beaver on your wedding!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

• beaver getting married!

i found your marriage announcement- you look wonderful!

nice last name

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:50 AM on Dec. 3, 2013