What would you do? School or Work?

I'm currently a massage therapist. I can't see being able to do my job for another 2 years because it's wearing on my hands and body. So the alternative was to go back to school. I have one picked out and will start February. The hours of the school is 8-1 so it limits when i can work because I have my son most of the time. I can't do an online school because I tried that and it failed. I need to go to a school that has an internship that can place me with a company.

I will have some bills payed off by February so I'll have $756 a month without working. I found out today though that the job I do have they may not approve my new schedule for me to go to school. So what would you do? Would you go to school for 8 months to get a better job and make a better life for you and your child and possibly go on government assistance just for that 8 months or just keep working in a dead end job that doesn't make enough to pay the bills?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2013 in Money & Work

• school

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

• School
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

• What will you be going back to school for?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

• Why not go the self employment route for that 8 months? Your a massage therapist, so go mobile for the hours you can work - visit offices, or see if hair salons or nail salons or spas will let you rent a space for those hours. Or see if you can find another massage place that will work with your hours.

Regardless, though, whether you do self employment or have to quit, I'd definitely go back to school if you think it will better your life.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

• i"m going back to school for Medical Office Administration. With the training I can either get into bookkeeping, medical coding/billing or everything altogether.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

• School
    Baby802

Answer by Baby802 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

• I would do school, with maybe some private massages thrown in where you can. It's a good skill to have because you can do it flexibly on your own time and in various places.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:17 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• both
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2013