Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know how to get my exhusband rights signed over. he has not seen our son in over threee years not allowed to. He only pays child support when he has too, in court when we go.

Our divorce decree prevents him from seeing him due to his actions.I need help. He also takes care of another womans chikdeen and just had a nother baby. HEEEEELLLLLPPPP PLEASE. Oh yeah my husband now wants to adopt him.

Answer Question

Asked by tina430 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2013 in Adoption

Level 3 (14 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • lawyer needed
    if husband wants to adopt, and you have been together for X amount of years, judge will allow this
    the ex signs over his rights

    lawyer up
    and lawyer can help with adoption if and when the ex signs over rights

    good luck

    Answer by fiatpax at 6:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

  • Court ordered should be coming right out of his paycheck, it doesn't work like you go to court, write the month's check and get to go home, try again with something better.

    Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

  • Well he is "self employed" so therefore no money comes out of paycheck. We have bewn together for 4 years 5 urs and ex husband has not seen him. He is not allowed to see him.

    Comment by tina430 (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

  • when he files taxes they can get your portion of his self employed income, but you need a lawyer,a really good reason....and these days lack fof visits and payment are not good enough reasons. Good Luck

    Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

  • very rare for judge to take a fathers rights away-without father agreeing and a new father to step in

    the father has to sign them over
    and then judge will only do if there is a father figure - like your new husband to adopt

    you could tell the bio father that if he signs rights over, then he will not have to pay cs- but i would speak to a lawyer first as this might come back to bite you in the ass if bio dad wants to be an ass



    Answer by fiatpax at 8:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

  • Even self employed, there are ways to garnish for child support. You can get liens against property, and other things.

    Talk to a lawyer. You need a lawyer to help you with all of this.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 8:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

  • Attorney. End of story.

    Answer by Ballad at 8:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

  • Get a lawyer. Don't come back til you have one.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

  • I agree with fiatpax. Get a lawyer and listen to him / her.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 9:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

  • With a lawyer you might be able to convince him to give up rights & approve adoption to get out paying back child support.

    Answer by AuntieV at 8:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.