......................Very strange.

My boyfriend was scrolling through his facebook newsfeed, and I saw that his sister in law (his brothers wife) and my boyfriends EX girlfriend were "now friends". I just thought that was pretty weird. Him and his ex have been separated for 4 years now, and they have NO kids together. I understand they were together for 9 years, and he she knows his whole entire family, but its still a little strange to me. They all lived in each others houses back in the day, but from my understanding my boyfriend said he never liked his sister in law because she's done and said some "really mean" things, and overall she's just not a good person. By her and his EX being friends on facebook made me a little jealous. She's been out the picture, so why is she still being added to HIS family facebook friends? I feel like its a slap in the face to me. I don't even have her as a friend on FB. I don't have any of his family as friends.

My bf rarely ever gets on FB, so I doubt he even noticed, and I didn't want to bring it up. It just makes me question, WHY? My bf and her been separated for 4 years... It's just weird and random. Yeah, they may have been friends before...But from my understanding, my bf says his sister in law is very "unlikeable. " So I doubt his ex even liked her. Maybe his ex thinks my boyfriend had his sister in law add her? I don't know. It's just very strange... Plus, now my boyfriends family is some what a part of her life, which means my boyfriend can now know whats going on in her life by statuses, pictures, videos, etc.

would you ladies let this bother you ? Should I just let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• Is there anything you can do about it anyway? No. So, do yourself a favor and allow them to lead their own lives as they wish without your interference.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

• Who cares! If they want to be friends so be it.
    Life is just to short for stupid shit like this!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

• Naw, push the "WHATEVER" button.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

• It's not your boyfriend who friended her. It's not even your boyfriend's brother. You're way overreacting. Chill.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• Facebook is not real life.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:33 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• I suggest let it go. It sounds like you're getting into "what his ex might think or assume" & THAT assumes his SIL sent the invite! You really don't know. The only thing you know is that it got confirmed recently; you don't know the circumstances.

Lots of people are FB friends with people they "used to know." For many people FB functions as a bringing together of parts of their lives (speaking historically) that otherwise wouldn't be "alive" in the sense of contact existing. Some people love seeing their Friends List # go up, and regularly add anyone they recognize in THEIR friends' contacts. You really can't know the circumstances or either woman's motivation for sending/confirming the invite.

If you feel jealous & like it's a slap in the face, those are important feelings but they don't tell you about whether or not something wrong happened. They tell you that you care, that you're upset, that you have some assumptions.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 6:49 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• (Assumptions about what things "mean" and what people should/should not do, I mean.)
    The fact that you're upset tells you most about yourself: what you care about, what's important to you (in terms of proceeding "on principle"), and what you assume is true or appropriate in terms of how to act in life. If you judge other people's actions by that perspective (particularly without even knowing who actually did what) you likely will have a lot of opinions & frustrations about reality. (This or that shouldn't have happened; this or that was offensive; this person is a jerk, etc.) If instead you recognize that your beliefs or standards are your own, and not necessarily held by others, then you won't tend to judge their actions as if they DEFINITELY mean this or that.

It sounds like it bugs you that the SIL may have sent the invite, and that your bf's ex might assume he "prompted" SIL to get in contact with her.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 6:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• Look the girl probably requested her and she accepted, why make a big deal out of it, my husband has ex-girlfriends that he is friends with and I have ex-boyfriends, this isn't even your BF being friends with his ex, it is his SIL, this is really silly to get upset over, let alone think it is a slap in the face to you!
    You know, I have never went through other people's friends list to see who they have added and such, I think it is strange you did that at all.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2013