My daughter just turned 2 on Saturday and I stopped nursing on Sunday. Now I seem to have an alarming amount of bloating is that normal? Also I've gained 7 pounds in a week. HELP!

did anyone retain water or gain weight drastically the week you stopped nursing?

TabbySue

Asked by TabbySue at 10:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Im not sure about the bloating but I know like as soon as I stopped breast feeding the weight came on faster than ever! It kinda sucks.. just watch what your eating a little more or try to put in a little extra exercise, since your not burning those calories anymore. hope this helps :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 11:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I am weening my son right now and yes I am bloated too! I have gained 3 lbs. already and it's only been a week, oh well! Drink lots of water to help with the bloating. Get at least 30 min. of exercise a day to start making up for those calories. I weigh 15 lbs. less than before I got pregnant, I have a feeling that I am going to get all of those back real soon ;)
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2009