Anyone involved with Girl Scout Juniors?

So - much drama. Skipping the drama and just asking the question.

I have to plan out the Agent of Change Journey for my daughter and I need to BLOW IT OUT OF THE WATER. We're going to do it in the style of "over the weekend." Does anyone have any fantabulous ideas/suggestions?

We would not be opposed to pulling other girls in on our Journey and we would not be opposed to doing patch work along with it.

I don't have the book yet - just pulling ideas. :)

augsmom

Asked by augsmom at 9:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• No but I'd like for DD to be. I hear its a really good thing for girls.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• You know. It WAS. I WAS my daughter's Brownie co-leader. Brownie's was AWESOME. I had little help from the leader. We merged with another troop in the fall when they bridged to Juniors and the leader we were merging with and the unhelpful leader became bff's, eventually pulling my leader status (without telling me) and planning meetings without me onto bulling me when I requested a refund on the dues. My OTHER daughter was entering Daisy's and I volunteered to be her co-leader since I was praised by many of the Service Unit members as being a fabulous Brownie leader (they were unaware of the drama). The only evening I was available to do that was Friday's - so I attempted to casually move my Junior into the Monday troop instead of the Friday troop since she loved to do the Service Unit camping and events, she had to be involved with a troop. Well, this new troop was less than inviting. They don't answer emails...
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• ...and when we "just showed up" to the first meeting my daughter could attend (after trying to confirm THREE times if she was good to go and giving the thumbs up from the Service Unit head), I got an email telling me that I was in the wrong and that I should have waited until she was "invited." They clearly know not of what GS is about. My daughter is terribly shy - which is fine - she works on it. She is also very brave. She is also very girly and not much into camping. Troop A was doing their Journey as an overnight camping event which was another one of the reasons we wanted to get out. Now Troop B has announced they are doing the same thing. (Lazy). And they have informed me that my daughter has to do it on her own for her to be able to earn the Bronze award. :/
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• Sigh. I had such fun when I was a GS. But it wasn't so "technical." It's like there's a GS Police here watching over their every move. I found this virtual GS site that says they can belong to a troop AND the virtual GS - which could be fun and could give her some support through the Journey...they meet once a month online.
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2013