Help on boy age 8 xmas gift.....

ok so my lil guy just turned 8 and he is one of those hard kids to shop for ( its almost shocking ) he loves lightning McQueen and stuff.. I swear he has it all so any ideas on that maybe there is something new I didn't see... he also is into flipping houses ( has been since age 5 ) we have every flipping house show on dvr and he watches them all the time.. over and over and over again ( I use to like the show.. ) so we got him lincon logs last yr he was ok with them but not thrilled.. he has a ds and he loves sims 3 cause it allows him to build a house.. put in sinks and fountins and furniture and then sell it for money of course... so any ideas for me.. im online and at stores just sitting there going yeah I have no idea. :( I have looked online for flipping houses dvds but have trouble finding some at a reasonable price.. any ideas ladies :(

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 4, 2013 in Holidays

• How about Thomas trains? My DS absolutely loved Thomas and they have so much to choose from. If you think he is too old for this then maybe an electric train set.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• How about the Disney Planes from the new movie?
    They have Planes, Trucks, Aircraft carrier & Airport that are new. go on ToysRus.com or Amazon & search his age group.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• Also how about Legos or an Erector Set?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:37 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• I like the Legos or erector set idea.

Or how about his own tools? Complete with something to build. You have to know how to use tools to flip houses. Start small and help him learn at an age appropriate level.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• I know this sounds odd, but how about a dollhouse, that he can paint, and decorate the way he wants to? You can get them pre made and then add your touches, I am pretty sure they sell kits to assemble them yourself.
    I know it is that manly, but think how much fun he could have painting it, and buying the furniture for it, you could then "sell" it on Ebay for him, thus his first house "flip"!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• sorry, isn't that manly.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• Let him paint his room. (with help of course)
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• Get him some Hexbugs, with habitat. My son got this as a gift a couple years ago when he was about 8. My daughter, now 6, LOVES it too. We need to get new batteries for his bug though.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• Oooh a tool set
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• Hexbugs, minecraft. My almost 9 yr old boy is into Beyeblades, Lego and rainbow loom.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2013