And it starts!

Saw this gem on my FB feed today:

I did give a quick, polite history lesson on the origin of the X abbreviation, but who wants to take bets on whether or not that information will be absorbed? 

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2013 in Religious Debate

• BWAHAHAHAH!! I clicked on the picture above that my friend shared, and you know how it takes you to the original poster and there are usually hundreds of comments? Someone else pointed out the X stands for Chi/Greek thing and someone said: But this is AMERICA! NOT Greece! LOL
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• I did that last year, and was basically ignored and I was accused of siding/helping them. I still haven't received an answer to who they are. From my experience, people who are determined to believe that Christians are being persecuted/attacked are not going to listen to a logical explanation.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• Oh dear. My simple explanation to my friend was this:

"X is politically correct. It's the Greek abbreviation for Christ..."

and his response: "Well I'm not political"

......o.O i give up.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• http://www.cresourcei.org/symbols/xmasorigin.html

Send him that link. It's a Christian website claiming that Xmas origined within Christianity, not by pagans, atheists, or whoever "wants" to remove Christ from Christmas.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:43 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• and his response: "Well I'm not political"

See, I'd have been really snarky and said, "Oh, well you can't celebrate Christmas or Xmas, then. Sorry."
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2013

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• My news feed started the day after thanksgiving. One person posted how you can get Satan from Santa then said think about it and who you are really worshiping. And he goes on and on....

I'm pretty close to deleting him.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 12:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• NP... THAT WAS EPIC!

I am still dying of laughter!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• most of them honestly believe that it's just a subterfuge. so i guess all of us "left wing liberals" teleported back in time and made up the Greek abbreviation!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tell him to quit saying 'hello', that he's hailing Satan every time!

I saw a school bus this morning with a large evergreen cross tied to the front grill. I just had to shake my head and drive on.

anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2013