Nurse Mamas

I've been sick for over a week and ended up going to the er Sunday due to being in so much pain. Here's my symptoms: body aches, chest pain, nose runny/stuffy and pouring blood, throat feels like it's closing, earaches, not eating or drinking much since I've done nothing but sleep, at times I'm able to cough up nasty green stuff but not all the time oh and my cough is pretty nasty. Now I'm having horrible almost unbearable stomach cramps on and off. I had a temp of 100.1 that lasted a few days but it's kinda died off now. For some reason they couldnt officially diagnose me with anything at the er so they just called it the flu. Here's my question, I have no fever but I'm burning up and pouring sweat; could something more be going on since Sunday? Oh and I'm pretty sure I'm dehydrated and have been since atleast Sunday even though I've been drinking. The er did not give me any fluids. Should I go back to the er? I have no insurance and our urgent cares do not allow you to be billed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2013 in Health

• It sounds like you've picked up a virus that is working it's way through your body. It sucks but theres not much an er.can do for you. Drink water, take Tylenol, run the humidifier, take some mucinex if you can handle it. Take hot showers and breath in the stream. And rest all you can.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• Sounds like flu/cold type thing . Do not waist money going to the ER.

Answer by louise2 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• I agree it sounds like a virus. I don't know why the ER didn't do a test for influenza but all that does is tells you what kind of virus it is. Antibiotics won't kill a virus, it just has to run its course. Treat symptoms, stay hydrated and rest. The true influenza virus can last up to 3 weeks.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2013