Just need some support and advice adult content

i am 59 and work 30 hours a week. my daughter who lives near by has 3 kids, 10, 8 4.
I cook every night for her family and mine, watch the kids when needed. sometimes 4 times a week. my dh is retired and is home all day. tonight she told ne I need to get a better social life. that I do nothing and she cant take it anymore. she was so mean and i am heartbroken. i love my grans kids and dont mind having them here at all. i am tired and i just dont feel like socializing. we do go away 2 weeks a year but during the hectic everday stuuf on the weekends i just want to relax. oh and I also cook for them to on the weekends. how should i respond to this i am sitting here crying and i dont think she even cared. i love my family with all my heart but i feel so unappreciated. advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Maybe she worded it wrong. Just tell her you do have a social life but your main love is taking care of your family.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• I would tell her that you would HAVE a nice social life if you weren't watching her kids all the damn time.
    Give her a list of phone numbers for daycare providers or a babysitting service, and tell her you're booking a cruise and you wish her the best of luck.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• Something must have happened to bring out these words. You are taking care of her children, preparing meals and being a good Grandmother to them and she does not have a problem with that and now she shows up one day and says Get a life.
    What happened?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• Maybe, just maybe you should stop doing for her..maybe then she will appreciate YOU!

Answer by older at 7:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• YOU did not fail by any means. But SHE gets a giant lump of coal.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• Ugh, do not be so available to her and her needs. What the heck woman? When are you supposed to live your life? You do way more than you need to. I would say NO to most of those things!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• "she said we should work it out" .... OP, work what out?? Sounds like more is going on that what you have posted. From your last post, it sounds as though your DD is concerned..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• Give it a couple days than the family should sit down and talk.

Keep the relations among each other good.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• I agree with above, those are not normal words unless an argument broke out between you.. I'm thinking you over stepped your roll and it offended her and she said that to get back at you..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2013

• How does this cooking thing go, is she asking you to watch her chlldren, is she asking for you to cook each and every night for them, or is it one of those, What time will you be over tonight, as in you expect her to come over and be with you? Maybe she is feeling a bit smothered?
    I don't think wanting your mother to find things to do to make her happy is so bad, maybe she worded it wrong, but I will wait for more of a response before I give my complete answer.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2013