Acupuncture

I am thinking of trying acupuncture for my acne and hormonal imbalance. The woman who does this in my town has had good luck and is well thought of by the people that go to her. My family Dr says this is impossible to do and dangerous to fool around with hormones. Does anyone use acupuncture and what were your results?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2013 in Health

• I've had acupuncture done and while I believe in Chinese medicine, it didn't help me. I think it's good for relaxation but what do I know? To be honest, I really, really don't think this will help acne (as I've battled it for years). As for the hormonal imbalance, I cannot say. I suppose if she gets that in check, the acne will follow. Have you really looked at your diet and cut out processed sugar? Sugar and dairy are the worst for me for breakouts but everyone is different. If you have the right people at your fingertips, specific supplements can help with the hormone fluctuations but this really needs to be evaluated first with bloodwork. Good luck.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2013