Now that we cannot sell childrens clothes to consignment stores do to legislation.How can we create bardering because I cannot afford to go buy new clothes for my 8 year daughter?

weresthelove

Asked by weresthelove at 10:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Find friends with children older than you..My sister buys her kids ALL name brand clothes and wastes money on them...They have SOOOOOOO many clothes it's unreal...Both of her kids, boy and girl aren't over the age of 5 yet and their WALK IN closets are full of name brand clothes..I find it ridiculous to buy expensive clothes for little kids like that all the time BUT I can't complain because I get all the hand me down's...:p
    Anonymous

• I didnt realize this wasnt allowed! Can you still get a in store credit to get clothes from their store? Or is it just they cant give out cash? I know today I sold some video games for my son @ a game store and got cahs. So tell me whats going on?? Curious.. I had no idea!
    Anonymous

• we still have cosignment shops here (well the one just burned down:( But we still have lots of them. I just seen an article that they are working on amendments and that thrift stores are not suppose to be effected.
    Anonymous

• well it seems that if you have childrens clothes at a consignment store there ahve made a law now stating that they have to be tested for lead and other stuff its crazy.I take her clothes there to be sold because I cannot afford to buy new plus shes 8.her stuff is in great condtion and if you do not have this 25,ooo.00 gadet to test for this lead were its coming from china.Are clothes are being made there and now theres concern that it is actually causing autism.So now thee consigment store in my small town does not take kids clothes.Crazy huh.Well than I took these clothes to O.u.a c. ABBREVATION i HOPE YOU CAN FIGURE OUT.They went threww these clothes that have no stains are in style and only took a few items and sent me packing with 22.00At least 400.00 dooalrs worth of clothes we might not even be able to sell them at garage sales.Insane.
    weresthelove

Answer by weresthelove at 11:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• You know anyone with a size8 in summer clothes that want to barter clother in a 7 8 let me know.Cant stop people from bartering.I need a washer and dryer to mine took a snap one afetr the other.I need a good day anyone want to share their good day with me.
    weresthelove

Answer by weresthelove at 11:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Legislation passed exempting consignment stores from having to do all the testing. I have personally spooken to 3 consignment shops in my area. also have received letters from congress on it you are stilll good to go.
    MOTIVESMOMMY

Answer by MOTIVESMOMMY at 11:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Go on www.craigslist.org and find the one for your city (the nearest large city to you that is listed on craigslist. You can post under wanted for trade and put your daughter's size, style of clothes, amount of clothes etc and list what you are wanting in return. If you just want to sell them, you can list them under items for sale and just list your price. Good luck! I know we still have kids consignment stores here, but I haven't been since Feb 10 to see what they are doing.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• There is no law against consignment shops reselling children's clothing. They were exempted from this months ago.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• The enforcement of this law was clarified - buying and selling used children's products of ALL types is perfectly legal. The only restrictions are that items that have been recalled can not be resold.
    So, take them to Goodwill, take them to a used children's store, take them to any store that sells used items, or donate them to a shelter or on Freecycle.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• This consignment store doesn't keep up with the times. The law has been ammended, they are not affected.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2009