How do you remove letters & numbers from eyeglass lenses??

I bought a pair of frames last week. They are a nice pair and they seem okay with the lenses that they have already in them. I went to the eye doctor for an eye exam the week before and got my eyes checked and the prescription for the exact lenses I need. The lenses in the new pair seem to be a good strength and I see really well with them. I want to avoid the costs of getting new lenses in so I am thinking that I don't need to have others put in the frames. When I bought them they had scripted letters/brand name and some numbers, what appears to be a black sticker but cant find the peeling part of the sticker. I tried a Qtip and rubbing alchohol to remove but that didn't work to well. I would like to try to remove it myself but I need some suggestions. Was thinking if anyone who wears glasses has run across this problem or if anyone who works for an eyewear store could help me out?? Thanks!!

butterflyrose11

Asked by butterflyrose11 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 5, 2013 in Health

• I'm a little confused, trying to follow all of that. But what I got is that you are trying to get a sticker of the lenses of your glasses - usually those stickers peel off very easily - they're designed to come off easily because of what they're on. I don't know how big the sticker is, but depending on it's location, look for the edge of the sticker on the edge of the lens - it might be right on the edge of the lens where you can stick a fingernail in. Other than that, about the only other thing I could suggest at this point would be to take them back to the store and see if they can help you.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:19 AM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Try a little oil & rub it gently to loosen the edge or the sticker. then wash under warm water with soap. Hope it works.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2013