anyone here with children who r underweight?

lori12081979

Asked by lori12081979 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes mine is and its not cause i dont feed him he eats alot but because he likes to run around and play a lot too and i also think cause his tall also
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My daughter is. She's in the 5% for weight and 90% for height.
    Anonymous

• My stepson is on the low end of the normal scale for his age, but his height is off the charts. He looks really thin, except an itty bitty Buddha belly. He eats, he is just really active, and quite tall.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yes, my son is considered underweight but other then that is very healthy and active.
    CashJulianMommy

Answer by CashJulianMommy at 1:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yes my 17 month old is 17 lbs. Has been below the 3rd percentile since he was 4 months old. Only started at the 5th perc. though. He has multiple health concerns.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:10 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yes. My daughter is just made the 10th percentile (she was in the 3rd) for weight. She's decided to have her own growth curve...She's perfectly healthy though, so its just something we monitor...along with feeding her high cal stuff (having to cook two sets of everything can be time consuming--hubby and I are trying to LOSE weight!!).

I think it would be easier to do, if everything wasn't "lo cal this", "non-fat that". we've taken to making her AM milk bottle (with the doctors advice) with half evaporated milk, half whole milk and a carnation instant breakfast. Instead of her juice bottle, we give her a "smoothie"--the V-8 juice fusions cut with evaporated milk. We also make everything for her with real butter, slather everyting with cheese or peanut butter, etc.

Aparently its working, she's been gaining a bit...but unfortunately she's not happy, she'd prefer salad and carrot sticks and water.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 7:21 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my son has always been thin..his dad is too... they are tall though.. my son is in the 8oth percentile for height but only the 30th for weight... i let him eat whatever, whenever he wants, he loves healthy foods thank goodness but he gets to eat lots of fatty high cal foods that i would normally never buy (ex: twinkies) but i dont want him to waste away... he is 3 and under 35 lbs but over 3 feet tall!! strange lil man, doc is unconcerned because he eats a good amount and his dad has that body type too.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:51 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Basically yeah, my oldest is. He will be turning 3 in June and only weighs 25 lbs. He eats nonstop though most days and is runs around all day too.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• yep...mine are still on formula at 21 months...but they eat pretty good, so i'm not really worried about it. my dd had reflux really bad for the first 11 months, and she was only 3 lb. 11 oz. at birth, so i think she's just going to be small. my son is bigger, but still only about 24 lbs. at 21 months. both eat well and are healthy, so i don't let it bother me.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 20, 2009