Is it possible for my baby not to like soy?

My son is a month old today and he was throwing up his formula, and he is always super gassy, the other day so we went to the hospital and they told us to put him on neutrilmagen (sp?) or alimentum formula. But We went to his pediatrician the next morning and she said to get soy because the other ones are more expensive. So we got Enfamil Soy. Well when he drinks it now, he easily will give up his bottle. Before we were on Enfamil Gentlease and when he would drink that, he wouldn't give up the bottle, lol. He would have a good suction on it, but now with the soy, I can take it away easily.

Arielle0890

Asked by Arielle0890 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How much formula are you giving him at a time? Their little tummies can only hold about 2 oz.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• More than likely he has to get used to how it tastes, as it is different than the milk based formulas.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• At a month old it's not up to him to "like" it. It will fill his belly and not make him sick.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• If he has wet diapers and is drinking it, I would say it is fine, I am kind of shocked they just told you to "switch" without mixing them first.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• I feed him 4oz cause he is a bigger baby for his age. He was 10lb 2oz at birth and now he's 11lbs. My pedi told me it was ok to feed him that much. But he still spits up some. I fed him at 8.30am and its now 10.30am and he spit up more, but like .5oz
    Arielle0890

Comment by Arielle0890 (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Doesn't matter how large he is; his tummy is still tiny and four ounces is too much if he's spitting it all up. Word to the wise: You spend ONE HOUR reading online about infant nutrition and you will have more education on the subject than your doc ever got. Scary, isn't it?

Answer by gdiamante at 2:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• My son was allergic to milk and soy! We put him on nutrimagen and it has helped termindously! I highly recommend it
    Tana9811

Answer by Tana9811 at 1:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I wouldn't give soy. I don't like what is in soy. 2 oz is a complete feeding at that age for formula.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Maybe
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 7:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2014