How would you handle this?

I started my Mom with home delivery for her groceries using Peapod.com. It's worked out well for her. I order it online & have it delivered to her at a specific time. So she told a friend of hers how great it is. My Mom just called me & asked "So & So" want's you to order her groceries online too. I said to my Mom, "no way am I doing that because I am not using my credit card or taking her credit card to order online". She is a really nice lady but I do not want to get involved with this. I told my Mom to tell her to call Peapod direct & see if she can order over the phone or have one of her kids do it for her. How can I say this nicely to make this lady understand?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 1:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2013 in Shopping

• Do they not understand how the internet and credit cards work?
    Can this lady navigate the internet?
    Yeah,she needs a family member to do it for her if she wants to use it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Just tell your mom to tell her.

Answer by louise2 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• "She's not my mom. You are. I have my hands full with just you."
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Just explain to your mom that you would not feel comfortable taking her credit card to order for her. Do not even suggest that you use your credit card. Tell her you will be happy to help her to get it set up or help one of her kids to set it up but mom needs to tell her no.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Tell her you don't feel comfortable handling someone else's personal information.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Just say no, its too personal for you to handle.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Your mom probably thinks you're a genius and you're the only person who can do this - I've had this similar scenario with other older people before. Explain to your mother (to explain to her friend) that it's not as hard as it sounds and one of her family members can probably do it for her just as easily.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• "I'm sorry, Mom, but handling her credit card and other personal information is just way more than I am comfortable with. If you want to, you can have her give one of her own kids my phone number and I'll be happy to help them figure out how to set it up and they can order for her."
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• I agree with Party gal, tell you mother, you will be happy to help the woman set up her own account, surely you can do a call in order right?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• ^^^SO TRUE! PartyGal!

Butterfly, No neither could use a computer if their lives depended on it. Could you imagine this trainwreck scenario???
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2013