Where to go for Christmas Eve

For the last 3 years we've gone to my bff's house for Christmas Eve dinner and gift exchange. My family ( mom, brother, aunt, ) haven done anything special for years since my dad passed. Out of nowhere this year my mom wants the family to get together on Christmas Eve and I was planning on going to bff, her dh and Ds house. My kids have more fun at bff's and are looking forward to it. I will ruin the family get together if we don't go but I really want to go to bff's. What do I do?

jenny3344

Asked by jenny3344 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2013 in Entertainment

• Personally I would go and be with family. See if you can get together with your BFF another time.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Family. Arrange to visit BFF another day.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Is there any way you could mange both? If not, maybe it's most important to celebrate the fact that your mom has moved on from the worst part of her grief. It can take years for some. Your bff will understand. Maybe plan something the week before or celebrate New Years around the weekend of the 4th. Think outside the box.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 5:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• staying home.
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 8:26 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

• Well, honey, it's a little early to be thinking about all this... It's April.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 10:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2014

• Omg this is an old post from Christmas 2013, not something I posted in April 2014. I would never ask a Christmas question in April...LOL!!!
    jenny3344

Comment by jenny3344 (original poster) at 7:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2014