Does anyone do the shoe thing for Feast of St. Nicholas? Do they put shoes out Friday this year?

I have never done this before but thought it would be fun. I guess my son can put his wish list for Santa in his shoe and then St. Nick will leave some candy and maybe a toy? Do I have that right? Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2013 in General Parenting

• I'm not really 100% sure how the tradition goes, but my mom's side is German and every year on St. Nick's Day she brings little Santa boots filled with candy and leaves them on the table for the girls. They resemble this:

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• we did shoes when i was child
    i do shoes with my child

she will get a fruit (apple), some safe chocolate coins (thank you jewish folks- i think that is what these are made for)... thinking the coins may be left in a row, or leading to a note "be good, we are watching" something creepy like that..lol
    and i have a little lego box thing- couple of people and a shark (i think)
    then i check in drawers for little things i can stuff in there, last year added a large marble
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• we leave out own shoes out

told daughter we needed to clean the livingroom, as st nick will not leave things if it is messy
    she lined up the shoes
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• i did
    apple, gold coins (chocolate), a large chocolate santa, and a small lego box thing

i put in my shoe too
    i got an apple, gold coins, small santa chocolate and a down filled super warm coat (santa was going to bring this to me, but single temps this weekend, so st nick and elves brought it to me last night- the coat is heavier than a comforter- i will be very toasty waiting in line to pick her up at school!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2013