If you cook dinner, do you do the clean up after too?

I don't know about you, but I really think it's unfair. I'm not talking about a Thanksgiving spread, but the normal day to day cooking. We both work, yet I'm the one coming home to do laundry, help w/ homework, cook dinner AND clean up after. I think if you are the chef, someone else who enjoyed the fruits of your labor should have to do the clean up.

So what system do you have at your house?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I do the dishes, I do not take out the trash, mow the lawn, or clean the litter box.
    Meh, it is what it is.
    Have your SON wash the damn dishes, LOL
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Things are fairly 50/50 with my fiance and I. We're both off work at 5 but I don't get home until around 6 and he's at home at about 5:30, usually early - so he's the one who normally cooks. We both HATE dishes so we don't usually get to them that night (unless we have to) but one of us will do them the next day. We don't have a dishwasher so we tend to only wash what we'll need during the week and catch up on weekends.

If I weren't working, though, it would probably be different. I was unemployed for a couple months (trying to go from retail to an office proved difficult) and I made a point of cleaning and cooking every day.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Being that I'm divorced & now a single mom, yes I do everything. I cook, clean, do all the chores etc.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• LOL Mrs Mom you need to be a bit more stern, your kids are plenty old enough to wash the dishes, and sort their laundry and put it away, I am kind of an odd person who likes to the laundry as to avoid pink socks, but everyone from the 8 year old to the 44 year old puts their own laundry away!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• well i dont cook dinner much lately...we're just not all home together for real dinners since every night DH or i have class. im at home most of the day so i do most of the cleaning, tho im a slacker. DH knows i see my 2 little ones and grad school as my job, not cleaning the house. so every once in a while he will pitch in, especially when he's got a break from school.

when i start working full time then chores will be split pretty evenly. i told him theres no way im going to work everyday doing all my SAHM duties alone. he's okay with that.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• I do it all. My husband is hardly ever home, so when he is, it's his rest time.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• When the kids were home, I always made them help though.... especially when I worked full time...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• I clean as I go then hubs helps with what is left or does it himself but I rarely cook, he does
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Yeah, usually. But I don't have a job outside if the home, so I guess it's a part of my 9-5.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• That's the one chore he will do.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2013