How to cope with a 6year breakup while pregnant?

Ive known and been with this guy since high school that's 6 years. And we been going on and off through out the relationship. And now we finally gonna have our first child. I'm 38 weeks almost ready to have my baby. He don't like my family anymore but I don't feel the same way with his. One night I went on blast I couldnt control my hormones. So he left. And now I'm so heartbroken and sad I really try not to be especially with baby coming so soon. I've told him I'm sorry. Tried to talk things out but he denied me it seems like. I miss him so much. People keep saying he'll change once he sees the baby. Will he? Will wr make this work again? I always think that he has found another relationship too. How can I cope with that..?

tamy831

Asked by tamy831 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2013 in Pregnancy

• He may or may not change after the baby is born. I think you should put your focus into our child and not so much into your ex.

If he does decide to give it another chance then look into couples counseling to learn how to communicate effectively. Learn when to hold your tongue so that you don't say things you regret. That's the thing about words. You can always tell someone you are sorry for what you said, but in the end people always remember the way you make them feel.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Go to court and get custody and child support worked out. The baby is what is important, not the on/again off/again relationship. If you went nuts maybe he is within reason to stay away from you. Provide the best for your child, what he DON'T do or DON'T HAVE is now trivial to what you have on your plate.
    If he won't be with you, he still needs to provide and care for this child.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Prepare to be a single mom.
    If you lower your expectations you won't be let down.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Calm down and have the baby. That should be your fairest priority right now. Worry about his dumb ass later.

Answer by louise2 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Fairest=first

Answer by louise2 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• I'm sorry you are going through this. Focus on the baby, who is innocent. Hopefully you and the father will pull it together for the sake of the child. If not, you have a child to raise, and he needs to support that child financially and in whatever other way he can. Meanwhile, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Just keep taking t one day at a tie. Keep doing what you need to do, one thing after anoter. It will get easier.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Sounds like the relationship is dead.. I'd just let it go for now and if it starts up again in the future then that's great but you need to expect worse case.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 2:47 AM on Dec. 6, 2013